Dining at Riad Houdou
Whether it's breakfast or dinner, you'll have the opportunity to taste local delights prepared in our kitchens. Breakfast is complimentary for each night spent at the riad. Upon your arrival, the riad welcomes you with homemade pastries and mint tea.
Every day, breakfast offers a chance to discover a different Moroccan specialty. Prepared by our cook, it consists of fresh and local products:
Served from 8:30 am to 11:00 am, you can enjoy this wonderful breakfast on our rooftop terrace or in the patio during rainy weather. There's nothing better to start your day and energize yourself before exploring the city!
Dinners are prepared on demand by Rania, our Cordon Bleu chef. Inform her before 11:00 am, and she will prepare her delicious specialties for the evening, using fresh daily ingredients selected from the market.
Drawing on family and local recipes, our chef's expertise revolves around traditional dishes, from the iconic chicken couscous and seffa to the tajine, a Marrakech specialty. We also offer slow-cooked beef or lamb tajine in an amphora for 6 hours, the lesser-known chicken rfiisa, and a variety of mouthwatering tajine creations. We have a range of delectable vegetarian recipes as well. We are attentive to specific needs such as food allergies or special diets.
We create a unique menu every day, which can be adapted to your requests. The following dishes are examples of possible menus:
- Spiced cooked vegetables (tchoutchouka, zaalouk, zucchini, broad beans...)
- M'hancha (vegetable pastilla twist)
- Trio of briouates (meat, cheese, and vegetable) on Moroccan salad
- Candied eggplants
- Harira soup with dates
- Creamy eggplant soup
- Lamb M'rouzia
- Chicken tajine with dates
- Chicken R'fissa
- Tanjia Marrakchia baked in the hammam oven
- Makhfoul beef
- Seafood or chicken pastilla
- Green couscous
- Lamb tajine with fresh figs and walnuts
- Stuffed chicken thighs
- Herring meatball tajine
- Milk and almond pastilla
- Ouarzazate tart and fresh mint granita
- Creamy dried fruit crepes
- Basboussa with fruit granita
- Carrot salad with orange blossom
- Seasonal fruit tajine